3.18.2010

Mother's Day 5.10.2009

 
As we made our way to the checkout line at Sam’s today, one boy crying because he was hungry and the other crying because he didn’t get the movie he wanted all while the checkout lady looked at me with disgust because I wasn’t moving fast enough, I realized how great my wife is.  While she was gently talking to Sterling explaining things I was about to lose it.  She is able to handle the hectic mess that comes with a 2 year old and his little friend much easier than I am.  Isn’t that what Mother’s Day is all about?  I can’t imagine life without her.  
 
I am blessed to have Whitney in my life, especially now with the boys.  The boys are blessed to have such a wonderful and loving caretaker.  Motherhood is most definitely her calling.  She is so natural.  We love you mom!
 
I’m also lucky to have such a wonderful mother myself.  She is a great help to us and still is willing to provide motherly advice.  Wish we could see her more.  My mother-in-law also does a great deal to help our family function smoothly.  We feel lucky to have her.  
 
Today is also a time to remember grandmothers.  I’m lucky because I have three.  I wish they were here to be with our kids as they grow up.  I miss them a great deal and think of them often.  Whitney has a wonderful Nanny who is great fun to be with and has become my 4th grandmother.  
 
Love for all y’all baby mommas.
 
-W1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment