3.23.2010

Abducted by Aliens 3.4.2010


Sterling LOVES school and each week they have a different theme they focus on.  A few weeks ago they were studying space and that’s all Wade and I heard about for an entire week.  The names of the planets, the Milky Way connects (constellations), Pluto is a star, Saturn has rings, etc.... I even checked out some books from my school library so we could read about planets at home.  The best part of the week had to be when one of the mom’s in the class told me how upset her daughter, Dezi, was when she got home from school one day.  The conversation went like this:
Dezi: “I had a sad day, Mommy.”
Mom: “Why?  Did you get in trouble?”
Dezi: “No, Sterling’s not my boyfriend anymore because he says he’s a space alien.”  Proceeded by crying!
Now, I did not think it was funny that Dezi was crying, but the fact that Sterling thought he was a space alien made me laugh.  I even asked him and sure enough the answer was, “Yep!”  My mom asked him again last weekend if he was a space alien and the answer was still, “Yes!’  So, I don’t when the human Sterling will be back, but we’ll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment