3.16.2010

He's Here! 11.29.2006



Sterling Reece arrived on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 2:01 pm.  He weighed 6lbs. 13 oz. and was 19 1/4 in. long.

We arrived at the hospital Tuesday morning around 6:30 to be induced.  We expected that it was going to be a long day, luckily, for all of us it went by much faster than planned.  At 9:30 my doctor broke my water, contractions starting coming very quickly and very hard soon after.  I also quickly decided to get an epidural. At 11:00 am I had my epidural and was feeling much better.  Only an hour and half later to my surprise and the surprise of my doctor and nurses was I pushing.  Just 3 hours after breaking my water.  Sterling would have been born much sooner had he not been turned sideways.  At 1:45 my doctor showed up and they decided to use forceps to turn him face down.  It worked, and he arrived a happy camper.  He stayed awake and never got fussy until they took him to the nursery to have a bath.  We got to come home today (11/29) before the weather got too bad here.  It’s nice to be home and Tyson and Ella are adjusting pretty well.
He knows his daddy’s voice already (how could you not, it’s so loud), and loves to be swaddled.  Because he is so small nothing fits him, so we’re improvising for a bit, but hope that he’ll start putting on the pounds soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment