3.23.2010

January Happenings 1.29.2010

The new year has started off with a BANG!  Since it’s the end of the month I decided to do 1 big post for the whole month instead of smaller ones, so here goes....
 
Things didn’t get off to a great start.  The day before I was supposed to go back to work Hudson started running a fever.  He had an ear infection and an upper respiratory infection.  He ran fever for 4 days and the doctor “thinks” he may have had H1N1, but he was better by that Friday, so who knows.  He had some type of virus on top of the ear infection.  Then the antibiotic....well, it was a long 10 days.  Wouldn’t you know that at the end of those 10 days Sterling wound up sick and with walking pneumonia!  Lucky for us, his doctor prescribed him a Z-pak and the next day he woke up with NO fever!!!  Wade and I were thrilled because we were supposed to be going to Oklahoma for the weekend.  Since he was feeling better, we felt okay about sending him to his grandparents for the weekend.  Who better to take care of you when you’re not feeling 100% than your grandparents, right?
 
I’m so happy we were able to be in Oklahoma for 4 Wade’s fraternity brother’s 30th Birthday party AND the Pollock’s Baby Shower.  It was a busy party weekend, but it was great to hang out.  The party took us all back to our college days.  Rob, Bryson, Mike and Nick all turn 30 from December - February so their wives rented out a place in Norman and has a DJ & Karaoke.  Thanks for a great party, we can’t wait until 40!
 Wade and Rob singing, "Cry Me a River"
They had fabulous party favors, including this pirate eye patch and a Mardi Gras masks, amongst, hats, beads and boas, glo necklaces and leis
Rob got a little crazy while dancing and fell off the stage onto the cake!  At least they had cut it BEFORE it was crushed!
 
Ilena, one of the party planners and I - we’re only ones with 2 kids so far and our boys LOVE playing together when we’re in OK
She is the most patient person I know and married to the funniest person EVER!  Bryson choreographed a dance to “Beat it” by Michael Jackson with an outfit change and everything.  I couldn’t get through the crowd to get a picture, but this is him later in the night!
 I haven’t gone to bed at 2:00 am in a LONG time, but we were up early the next morning to get ready for Channing Mae Pollock’s baby shower!  Matt and Ashley are expecting Channing in March.  She and Hudson could share a birthday!  With 2 boys it was fun to see so much PINK
Carolina is quite the hostess and also planned the party the night before.  She had some great decorations.
Congrats, Matt & Ashley - we can’t wait to meet Channing!
 
The boys had a great time at Grandee & Papa’s and we had a great time, as usual in Oklahoma!!!  We’re actually home for the next 4 weeks, which everyone knows is a lot for us.  I’m looking forward to some lazy weekends at home with the boys!!!
This is their new favorite game.  They chase each other all over the house and Sterling grabs Hudson’s leg.  They’ve really started playing with each other lately and Sterling actually WANTS to go get Hudson from the babysitter everyday!  I’m already looking forward to this summer, although I’m sure I’ll be exhausted.
 
January is always a little exhausting getting back into the swing of things after the hustle and bustle of Christmas, but it’s also the 7 year anniversary of my dad’s death.  Some days it seems like much longer and other days it seems like  it hasn’t been that long.  Over Christmas my dad’s brother, Don, told me how much Hudson reminds him of my dad when he younger.  He’s definitely ornery, just like he was and he does remind me of him at times and Sterling got his sweet tooth.  My dad LIVED for after holiday candy sales!!!  I know he’s watching his grandsons laughing all the time!
Me, my dad and my sister - 2002
 
Next on our agenda is planning for Hudson’s 1st birthday, I can’t believe it!!!
Hudson playing his maracas, this boy LOVES to dance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment