3.19.2010

An Artist 6.11.2009

My grandparents bought Sterling this easel for his birthday. He loves it, to say the least and it keeps him busy while I’m making dinner most nights. One night while I was cooking Sterling wanted me to draw some people (as you can see I am NO artist). The purple person is Mommy, the blue one Daddy, the brown one Hudson and don’t forget Tyson on the bottom. After all of that, Sterling was missing. About the time we got everyone except for Sterling drawn, dinner was ready, Wade walked in the door and Mommy just didn’t have enough hands so I told Sterling to draw himself. As we were finishing up dinner Sterling was telling Wade who all the people were in his picture and Wade asked him who drew those people. Sterling pointed to the ones I drew and then pointed to him (the green person) and said, “I drew that.” Wade said, “Really? Are sure Mommy didn’t draw that?” I came over and looked and told Wade that “No, I did not draw that.” It took some convincing before Wade believed me and we tried to get Sterling to draw another person, but he just kept drawing all the different shapes. So, even though it may have been a fluke, that one person was still better than mine!


Sterling's "person"

The close-up

No comments:

Post a Comment