5.27.2010

Boys Will Be Boys

In the last few months I have really been able to see the difference between boys and girls.  I grew up with a younger sister and while she was a little more sporty than I was we played the normal "girly" things: barbies, house, school and dress-up.  I didn't like getting my hands dirty and I HATED playing outside...FAST FORWARD to 2010 and I now have 2 boys who LOVE to play outside and Sterling definitely doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.  So, guess what?  Mama has to learn to play like a boy, NOT a girl.  When I watch Wade play with the boys I always think to myself, "How did he think of that?"  I do not think "outside the box," and I never have.  When we play playdoh I only make what they made on the box, when we color I write our names, a flower or a house (ALWAYS) and when we play legos I build the exact same thing every time.  It's silly and crazy, but I can't seem to venture outside of my comfort zone.

This brings to me the other night when Sterling and Hudson made up a fun, new game!  They were laughing and laughing and just kept playing.  I got tickled watching them, and was also filled with indescribable joy seeing these two having so much fun together.

This was a punching bag.  I would have ONLY used it as such....the boys, not so much!
Instead, they decided to roll around on top of it and throw each other off
I love Hudson's face in this one, even though it's shoved into the floor...doesn't he look like he's having a blast?!

Needless to say, they did have a blast and were even sweaty after this (again, B vs. G) and the poor punching bag had no air left in by this morning.  I'm sure I have many more surprises to come with my 2 boys, so I'm learning as I go!

1 comment:

  1. I am so much like you too! I never can think outside the box! The pictures of the boys are so cute and it is amazing how kids come up with the funniest things to entertain themselves!

    ReplyDelete