4.01.2010

Rainbow Fun

This morning was Sterling's Easter Party and Egg Hunt at school.  He had a BLAST, as usual.  I absolutely LOVE his school and so does he!  We made rainbow cupcakes for his party which was a lot of fun and A LOT of work.  I don't know why I don't just sign up for plates and napkins and take the easy way out!  LOL

He told me this is their new rocking chair
"I found another one!"
Sterling's class with their teacher, Mrs. Lisa - cuties patooties!

Enjoying his rainbow cupcakes

If you have some extra time on your hands and want to make these yummy cupcakes, here's how....I actually saw this recipe in a magazine and then found about 50 other blogs/websites about how to make them.  
Make any white cupcake mix you want and separate into 5 different bowls (or more or less depending on how many colors you want in your rainbow)
Add food coloring until your batter is the color you want
Layer batter into cupcake tins to form rainbows.  Don't spread it out, just pile on.  I would probably only use 4 colors to make more cupcakes because these turned into monster cupcakes!
The finished cupcakes with sprinkles on top.  We added the bunny toothpicks when we got to school!
I told you it was messy!
The inside of the cupcake!  Soooooooooooo pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment