4.13.2010

Phoenix, Arizona

Wade and I went to Phoenix for a weekend getaway and it was PERFECT!  The boys stayed with my mom (Gigi) and my aunt, Aunt Stephie, while my went to Austin on Saturday.  They had a blast and we definitely didn't have to worry about them! 

This was the 4th time we've been to Phoenix and before we left people kept asking me, "Why?"  I didn't realize it was such an odd destination.  I love warm weather and when we planned this trip it was COLD here and I just wanted some sun.  We definitely had sun, but being a dry heat we never got too hot!  I love the ocean, but am not a huge fan of the beach and sand.  I hate not being able to get the sand off of me and don't really like to get in the ocean so Phoenix was perfect!

 We went hiking on Friday when we arrived.  Some where over there is our hotel and we walked to the mountain from our hotel.  Wade says it was only about a mile, I'm thinking it was more like 2!
Needless to say, I did NOT make it all the way to the top.  I'm more out of shape then I thought, but Wade did, OF COURSE!!!!
This was our view at breakfast and that's Squaw Peak, the mountain we hiked.  
I forgot to mention that the BEST thing about Arizona is NO bugs!  It's awesome to sit outside, at night and not have mosquitoes!  I am a mosquito magnet, so this made me very happy!

We can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys got away! Looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete