6.24.2010

Hydrangea LOVE!

I have always loved hydrangeas.  We tried growing them in Oklahoma with no luck so I was so excited when we moved to Tyler and I had a front yard full of hydrangeas.  Now, Wade will tell you, I don't do yard work and I hate being outside, unless it's by the pool.  Mainly because every bug known to man seems to swarm me the minute I walk outside.  However, I do step outside occasionally to take a look at these beauties.
They are bright, bright purple and pink
I have 2 bushes that are bright like these and another one that is lighter purple and blue.  I know there are certain things you can put in the soil to make them certain colors, but believe me I have done absolutely NOTHING!  That's the great part.
I am doing some research now to make sure they come back this beautiful every year.  We have 1 bush that's gotten a little too big (see below) and is being weighted down by it's blooms and a few more that aren't blooming at all, so I have a lot of reading to do!
This is my favorite one because it's half pink and half purple!  GORGEOUS
I have yet to cut these in order to enjoy them in my house because the last ones I cut wilted almost immediately.  But, with the help of my aunt and Google I think I'm ready to try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment