5.17.2011

Rise Together

This is a video I stole from my friend Nicole at Sizzlin' Savages!  It was on Outside the Lines on ESPN about The Oklahoma City Thunder and how OKC rebuilt after the Murrah building bombing in 1995.

We were living in Oklahoma during Katrina when the Hornets were temporarily housed in OKC until they could back to New Orleans, and were there for the 1st NBA basketball game in OKC ever!  Needless to say, the support was amazing and now the Thunder have found a home in OKC!  Wade has already been to 2 playoff games since he's been in Oklahoma and will be there for game 4 on Monday night.  I always like a good "underdog" story and nobody expected the Thunder to do so well in just a few short years.  Wade's already given me a hard time about being a "super fan" but no matter what team this story was about it, it would still give me chills to watch it!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It's ok...I stole it from KD's facebook page! haha

    ReplyDelete