5.22.2011

End of the year picnic at The Growing Stick

Every year the boys' school has an end of the year picnic.  Everyone brings lunches and blankets and enjoys lunch out at the top of the hill. They also give each family a book that chronicles each month of school with a picture of the student.  It's always so fun to see how much they change from the beginning of the year until the end.
I could have done without the red juice mustache from their Lunchables, but it's rare these days to get Hudson to stop long enough to take a picture!
 Sterling read his memory page, as he calls it, over and over and even fell asleep looking at it.  We have his from the previous 2 years too that I need to pull out and compare to this year. 

I am so lucky to have stumbled upon The Growing Stick when we moved to Tyler.  It was late June and I was frantically looking for some where to send Sterling in August.  I didn't know anything about Tyler and didn't even have an official job yet.  The Growing Stick had one spot open in their toddler class.  I debated on what to do because Sterling was going to be the oldest one in a young class, but after 5 minutes in this school I knew this is where I wanted Sterling to go to school (I had been all over Tyler looking at pre-schools)!  I have never regretted my decision and am having lots of anxiety about finding another school as wonderful as the GS in Oklahoma.  I could go on and on, but I won't.  You will be missed GS family and thank you for our memory books to always look back on and remember you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment