1.16.2011

8 years ago...

This picture was one of the last pictures taken of me, my dad and my sister before he died (and before the time of digital cameras).  8 years ago today my dad passed away unexpectedly after having a heart attack and then routine open heart surgery.  I miss his smile, his goofiness (which I took for granted), holiday candy he would bring home and having the opportunity to watch him with Sterling and Hudson , because I know he would have been a great grandpa!

Ironcially, his death came on the opening weekend of the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo and many of his life long friends were able to attend his funeral because they were in town.  You've never seen so many cowboys in one room, but it helped to make that sad day an amazing one to look around at everyone who was there.  This weekend the Rodeo is beginning again.  I like to think of it as a little hello to my dad!

We miss you so much, but know you have your own rodeo going on in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment