3.17.2010

The Fireman 11.6.2008

If I do say so myself, Sterling was the cutest fireman EVER for Halloween.  We started the weekend trick or treating in Gigi’s neighborhood.  We even visited Sterling’s previous babysitter, Ms. Sherry.  However, she was dressed as a witch, so he was too scared to enjoy seeing her again!  
 
Wade and I drove to Norman on Saturday and Sterling spent the weekend with my mom.  They went and visited my uncle, the REAL fireman, at the firestation.  Sterling wore his costume and rode the firetruck, honked the horn, sat in Bubby’s seat and even sprayed water from the hose.  He had a blast pretending to be a fireman and what a special time!
 
Now that we are over our ear infection our happy baby boy is back and so is his appetite.  Tonight when I picked Sterling up from school I asked him what he wanted for dinner.  Usually his response is “Dora” or “Ice Cream” neither of which we get for dinner.  Sterling was hungry tonight, because he immediately requested “Pizza” “Hot!”  Of course, I still don’t know where everything in Tyler is so stopping by Little Ceasars for a hot and ready wasn’t going to be so easy.  I pulled over, got out the GPS and found the closest Little Ceasar’s, which to my excitement was only 1.5 miles away.  Not bad, right?  WRONG!  Tyler might be a small town, but traffic is horrific, especially at 5:30 on the 1 road Little Ceasar’s is located.  In route, all the while Sterling is repeating, “Pizza and milk, pizza and milk,” I spot a local drive thru pizza place.  It’s my lucky day!  We go through the drive thru only to be told it’ll be 15 min. before the pizza is ready!  Luckily, I had the DVD player in my car from this weekend and Stuart Little kept Sterling entertained.  The funny part in this event is that I had tried to talk Sterling into us stopping and getting tacos on the way home and he insisted on pizza.  As they were bringing us our pizza Sterling starts crying, “Tacos, tacos.”  
    I said, “but here’s our pizza.”  
 
    “No want pizza, tacos.”
 
    “You told mommy you wanted pizza, we’re eating pizza, sorry.”
 
Thank goodness when he smelled the pizza he quickly forgot about tacos, because after 15 min. of waiting, and a 15 min. detour we still had a 10 min. trip home.  The moral of the story is: sometimes what you think will be faster is not!
 
After pizza, which Sterling ate 2 pieces of, he was able to have dessert, ICE CREAM!!!  Go figure.  We recently got a cat, Callie, who is our huntress.  She apparently wanted to try out Sterling’s popsicle too!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment