9.01.2010

What's for lunch?!


I never realized what a pain being allergic to peanut butter could be.  I LIVED on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I was a kid.  But, when you can't send peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to school for lunch with your kids everyday, packing a lunch is a little difficult! 2-3 days a week the boys take their lunches to school and after 2 years of Sterling eating Lunchables I decide to try branch out this year.  I was tired of packing them, so I'm sure he was tired of eating them!
Now, don't get me wrong, they'll still get thrown into the lunch box (this morning, for example), but I have tried some new things and Sterling has really loved it!  My other problem has been what can be in his lunch box all morning, with an ice pack and still be good to eat....see my dilemma? 

BAGEL BITES - who doesn't love cold pizza?  My kids and I do!  I heat these guys up in the morning while we're getting ready and then throw them in a baggie before we leave.  It's probably been one of his favorites!

CHICKEN FRIES - cold chicken anyone?  I actually heated them up a bit and then put them in the lunchbox so they weren't freezing cold at lunch time.  But, I must admit, I like cold chicken too!  You can also get popcorn chicken with the Rotissere chickens as Walmart!
RAVIOLI - Sterling doesn't eat his with sauce, so when I made Almost Lasagna last week I saved some extra raviolis and had lunch ready for him the next day. 
Then, I have to come up with "sides" to go along with the great lunches.  I can't get Hudson to eat a fruit or vegetable, but he will eat these!


I'm still on the lookout for more great lunch ideas that are easy to pack and able to stay chilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment